Rochester Criminal and Family Attorneys
At Walters & Wintering, Ltd., our Olmsted County divorce and criminal defense attorneys can help you successfully face family law and criminal challenges and their related issues. We have been focused on helping real people reach real resolutions to divorce and other family law matters for more than three decades. Now we also offer clients criminal defense representation that is tailored to meet their specific needs. Contact the firm today to schedule your consultation.
Family law matters can encompass a wide range of issues. Our Olmsted County divorce attorney focuses on ADR and is especially well suited to helping our clients achieve their goals while minimizing the negative impact of divorce, especially on you and your children. Our commitment to helping our clients achieve practical solutions to the issues that are confronting them includes more than 30 years of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) work, including mediation and arbitration, parenting time expediting and early neutral evaluation. Our Minnesota firm offers its experienced representation on the following issues:
- Divorce and property — Divorce is more than just the end of a marriage. It is an opportunity to define your future. Securing a property division that is appropriate for your circumstances can help with the financial difficulty of establishing a new household.
- Mediation — Mediation is a useful tool when applied to divorce and other family law challenges. Mediation allows you and your spouse to be the ultimate decision makers in your case. Let us show you how mediation can help.
- Alternative dispute resolution — ADR is a set of tremendous tools for creating resolutions while avoiding the stress, expense and lengthy timetable of litigation.
- Child custody/child support — Children’s issues can be the most trying to agree on. We will help you secure child custody, parenting time and child support agreements that work for you and your family.
- Adoptions — Adopting a child is truly a miraculous opportunity. We will work to ensure that all aspects are completed successfully.
- Arbitration — Arbitration is a powerful tool that can create binding decisions or advisory opinions that will help shape how you approach your issues without the expense or delay of waiting for trial.
- Parenting time expediting — When parents cannot agree on parenting time issues, a neutral third party will help with an immediate decision rather than waiting for a court hearing and decision.
- ENE (Early Neutral Evaluation) — This type of evaluation allows parties to get expert recommendations on the possible outcome of your case which can be useful in coming to a realistic settlement.
- Domestic abuse — We provide clients with guidance throughout the process of securing a domestic abuse order for protection, if domestic violence or domestic assault is an issue in the home or relationship.
- Wills — Having a will to communicate wishes for minor children and the control of any property they may inherit is a part of a well-thought-out divorce.
- Real estate — Real estate issues are often a component to a divorce. Our firm is committed to helping you deal with your real estate-related issues.
Our firm is aggressive in the pursuit of justice on behalf of clients facing criminal charges. Our Rochester criminal lawyer is dedicated to standing up for clients’ rights and ensuring that they are protected throughout their case. We handle all types of Any other criminal accusation issues for our clients, including:
- DUI/DWI — Drunk driving charges can have an impact on your life, including your ability to retain your driver’s license. We represent clients who are facing DUI/DWI charges in Minnesota.
- Drug crimes — Even a low-level drug possession charge can cause problems in your life. Our firm handles all levels of drug charges, from minor possession charges to serious drug sale allegations.
- Fraud and Theft — If you are facing fraud or theft charges, we can help you understand your options for taking action and any evidence that may be presented against you.
- Assault — Assault can be charged in varying degrees and potentially result in a permanent entry on your criminal record. Let us help you stand up for your rights if you are facing assault charges of any kind.
- Sex Crimes — We can help you with the five levels of criminal sexual conduct in Minnesota, most of which are felonies. Let us aggressively pursue a resolution to your situation.
- Misdemeanors and Felonies — Minnesotans can find themselves charged with any number of other crimes, from petty theft to serious violence. We craft unique and effective defenses for every accusation.
- Juvenile Delinquency — We make it a public policy goal to ‘help and rehabilitate’ juvenile offenders. For that reason, juvenile court has different rules that we can help you navigate.
Contact a Rochester Criminal or Family Law Lawyer
To schedule a free initial consultation, call (507) 281-5857, or simply contact us online. At Walters & Wintering, Ltd., you can trust that our attorneys have your best interests in mind throughout the entirety of your case. Our Minnesota firm can help you create a future that will work for you. We accept credit cards for our clients’ convenience.